I know, it seems like yesterday I was writing about dreams of spring and summer, and now I’m already talking about fall! Not to worry, we still have 11 more blissful weeks of summer, HOWEVER, on the “fashion” calendar, fall has already begun! You will notice an increasing amount of fall clothes in the retail stores in the next few weeks as summer-sales really ramp up to make room for the new collections. Here are some colors and trends you can look forward to this fall, all of which you will be able to find at Northshore Mall:
The PANTONE Fashion Color Report Fall 2013 is a comprehensive overview of designers’ use of color in their upcoming collections. This season, the many moods of fall are expressed in desigers’ collections.
“Just as the leaves change in the autumn, the consumer will enjoy the ability to change their ‘look’ and try a new approach to their wardrobe for brisk days ahead,”
says Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, “the fall 2013 palette allows for that versatility and experimentation.” Gorgeous Emerald continues to be a trend, while yellow-toned Linden Green lends a brightness to the fall colors. Pair both with Mykanos Blue for a classic fall look. My favorite color of the season is Vivacious, a deep fuschia that is sure to make a bold and beautiful statement in so many collections.
Here is a shortened list of Glamour Magazine’s most wearable trends for FALL 2013 that will absolutely make an appearance in many of my favorite apparel stores at Northshore Mall, such as Loft, Ann Taylor, Macy’s, Nordstrom, White House | Black Market, Forever XXI, H&M and more:
1. Winter White – Easy to put together, and always classic.
2. Knit Beanie Hats – Adorable and a must-have. Wear it on the way to work or a party (the contrast is part of what makes this look so chic!)
3. Classic Patterns – Leopard, houndstooth, plaid and pin-stripes – ditch the complicated patterns and go for timeless.
4. Over-the-Knee Boots – Love this look, but not sure you can pull it off. Try wearing leather leggings with ankle boots instead!
5. Turtlenecks – Simply gorgeous and stay warm? A winning combination!
6. Slouchy Pants – I’m still not sure about this look, but I’m willing to try it with a pair of heels…anything with heels, right?
7. Statement Coats – I love investing in gorgeous outerwear because I can wear it again and again.
8. Folk-Inspired Pieces – This is a definite escape from classic patterns, but these fabrics are soft and comfortable and will definitely make an appearance in my wardrobe.
While I bask in the sun over the next few weeks still wearing my sundresses and sandals, my excitement will be building over these amazing colors and new styles. I hope you enjoyed my sneak-preview of some upcoming trends that are sure to inspire some blogging!
Yours in style & flattery,